Hello everyone!! I know I have been MIA for AGES, but no fear! I’m back with a kickass recipe for you 😉 BEHOLD.
How do you make this beautiful thing right here? Firstly, you start off with a good bedding of Quinoa (read about its multiple benefits here!) Then, you GLAZE beautiful cubes of ruby red beetroot and pumpkin with honey soy till thick and yummy. Add it to your bed of quinoa with the life essentials: Avocado & Hummus. There you have it. Simple. Delicious. Good for you food. Enjoy this one!
Ingredients (Makes enough for 2):
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 big beetroot, cubed
- 1/2 pumpkin, cubed
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 hummus (or more, cause you know you want more)
1) Firstly, boil 1 & 1/2 cups of water and add your quinoa. Give it a good stir and cover to simmer for around 15 minutes, or till all the water has been absorbed, then turn off the heat and leave quinoa to sit and cool for a while.
2) Make your honey soy glaze by combining the soy sauce, honey and sesame oil.
3) Heat a pan with the olive oil and start sautéing your pumpkin. After about 5 minutes, add the beetroot cubes and continue to cook till slightly soft (around 10-15 minutes) Once the pumpkin and beetroot are a bit soft, add your honey soy glaze and let the beautiful veggies bathe is all that honey soy glory till thick and gooey. Turn off heat when done.
4) Simply slice your avocado lengthwise and twist to make two halves. Remove the seed using a knife and peel the avocado halves. Cut avocado into cubes.
5) Time to plate! Divide your quinoa between two plates and add your pumpkin & beetroot cubes on top. Finish with a sprinkling of your avocado cubes and a nice big slab of hummus. There you have it!